Smoothies are good for on the go. However, what if you have time to sit and enjoy a meal? That’s where smoothie bowls come in. Think of them as a smoothie’s cousin; thicker and more nutritionally dense. No need for a straw…use a spoon! This smoothie bowl is naturally sweet, energizing and rich in fiber.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Smoothies Bowl Ingredients:
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1 handful of green kale (remove stems)
- 1 ½ - 2 cups of unsweetened non-dairy milk (soy, nut, coconut)
- 2 tablespoons of nut butter (almond, peanut, hazel nut)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Raw or roasted nuts (walnuts, almonds, hazel nuts)
- Hemp seed
- Fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries)
- In a blender, add all smoothie ingredients
- Blend until smooth and creamy; be careful not to over-blend
- Divide between two bowls
- Add toppings
- For nut allergies, omit nut butters and nut toppings. Instead use plant-based protein powder.
- Frozen bananas are a must for the creamy consistency. Don’t forget to peel the bananas before you freeze them.
- If frozen berries are not available use fresh. However, the consistency might not be as creamy.
- If the mixture is too thick slowly add more non-dairy milk and blend.